Services of Provincial Technical Assistance Provider for Trail Bridge Sub-Sector Program (PTAP-TB)
Project Period : 6th December 2021 to 5th June 2024
Funding Agency : Ministry of Physical Infrastructure Development, Madhesh Province, Karnali Province and Sudurpashchim Province, TBSU/HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal
Implementing partner : SEBAC-Nepal-JV, other NGOs and Consultants
Beneficiary Population : 95,27,080
Project Area : Western Rukum, Salyan, Dolpa, Humla, Jumla, Kalikot, Mugu, Surkhet, Dailekh, Jajarkot-Karnali Province (79 Palikas), Sarlahi, Dhanusha, Bara, Rautahat, Saptari, Siraha, Mahottari, Parsa districts of Madhesh Province (136 Palikas) , Achham, Baitadi, Bajhang, Bajura, Darchula, Dadeldhura, Doti, Kailali, Kanchanpur–Sudurpaschim Province (88 Palikas)
• To contribute towards a prosperous Nepal, with equitable socio-economic development, by strengthening all the levels of the government to provide improved access to basic services and economic opportunities to rural communities, especially disadvantaged groups, by availing safer river crossings within one-hour detour.
• A total of 645 New Trail Bridges, major maintenance of 219 trail bridges, and routine maintenance of more than 1606 trail bridges during the first-year activities.
• Users’ committees strengthen their capacity to organize themselves inclusively to build trail bridges.
• Users’ committees strengthen their capacity to build good quality trail bridges equitably and transparently.
• Department of Local Infrastructure strengthens its capacity to update and adapt trail bridge-related policy frameworks and technology
• Department of Local Infrastructure strengthens its capacity to plan, budget, and procure wire ropes and bull-dog grips for trail bridge programs and implement trail bridges that are technically complex and of national importance.
• Province governments strengthen their capacity to build technically complex, extra-long LSTBs (>280m) and inter Province boundary bridges equitably.
• Palikas strengthen their capacity to support communities and contract Firms/contractors to equitably build good quality trail bridges and maintain them.
• Firms/Contractors and Fabricators strengthen their capacity to effectively and efficiently provide services for the construction of good quality trail bridges.
• Qualified technical personnel on trail bridge building are developed in the market.